CENTRAL COLLEGES OF THE PHILIPPINES

CENTRAL COLLEGES OF THE PHILIPPINES

52 Aurora Blvd. Quezon City 1100

President: Atty. Crispino P. Reyes

Tel: (02) 715-5170 to 75

Fax: (02) 715-0846

 

In 1954, strongly adhering to the vision of contributing to the progress and development of the nation through producing engineers, architects and technologists honed in the most modern and advanced methods and techniques, the Polytechnic Colleges of the Philippines was established. Founded by a group of respected educators that included Messrs. Manuel I. Felizardo, Vicente Y. Orosa, Ciriaco Y. Coronel and Emilio M. Javier, the School's first President was co-founder Gonzalo T. Vales, who had earned his Civil Engineering degree from the University of Southern California. He was until then, Dean of the Mapua Institute of Technology.

With only one building and an enrollment of about three hundred students in 1954, PCP initially offered a limited number of disciplines namely: Bachelor of Science Degrees in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Chemical Engineering and a separate course in Surveying. Two years later, the High School Department was established with Mr. Miguel Pacquing as its first principal. The College of Arts and Sciences and the College of Business Administration were opened in school year 1960 - 1961.

In 1969, Polytechnic Colleges of the Philippines changed its corporate name to Central Colleges of the Philippines (CCP) with Dr. Hermenegildo R. Reyes as its Chairman of the Board of Trustees. A prominent educator and a highly recognized civil engineer, Dr. H. R. Reyes had held the significant positions of Dean of the Institute of Technology of the Far Eastern University and a member of the Board of Regents of the University of the Philippines. It was during his tenure that the Antonino Hall, the Engineering Building, and the Don Paulino Reyes Hall were built due to the continuous increase in student population. Dr. H. R. Reyes led the school for thirteen years up to his demise in 1982 leaving a solid foundation for future progress.

In the same year, Dr. H. R. Reyes was succeeded by Atty. Crispino P. Reyes as College President. A trial lawyer, he graduated from the Ateneo de Manila University College of Law and earned a Master of Law degree from the University of Michigan. Although not a UP Law alumnus, he was a Professorial Lecturer at the UP College of Law for 27 years. Atty. Reyes brought to the institution the dynamism, expertise and profundity needed for the greater challenges of the 80’s and the 90’s. His administration expanded the school’s vision, updated the curricular program and further improved its facilities. In 1986, programs in Electronics and Communications Engineering, Computer Science, and Computer Engineering were added to serve the growing needs of the industry in these fields. In 1994, a modern Computer Science building comparable in design with the best in the country was constructed to fill the growing needs of the student population.

Today, with thousands of young men and women under its tutelage, the Central Colleges of the Philippines continues to move forward marked by progress and expansion, resolutely determined to continue providing relevant and quality education.