UNIVERSITY OF THE CORDILLERAS
Governor Pack Road, Baguio City
President: Dr. Nancy M. Flores Tel: (074) 442-3316 Fax: (074) 442-6268
Baguio Colleges was founded on June 19, 1946 by Atty. Benjamin Romero Salvosa and his wife Evangelina D. Salvosa. BC was the first higher learning institution in this highland city after World War II. This milestone inspired the creation of Baguio City as the education center of the north. The college started with 156 students in teacher training and liberal arts at rented spaces in the Arevalo and the Antipolo buildings along Session Road.
The founders converted the college into a foundation as Baguio Colleges Foundation in 1967, providing access to more students in the region and the whole country.
In 2003, the school became the University of the Cordilleras (UC), extending its services in three core areas — to teach, to research, and to give back. The university has grown to a complex of 10 colleges, collectively offering over 40 certificate, tertiary, graduate, and post-graduate programs, including a laboratory school for pre-school, grade school and high school, catering to students from the Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR), and other regions of the country and overseas